Monday, January 26, 2009

My Morning with Molly



Everyone... meet Molly. She is our rescue dog that we have had for a year and a half. Molly is a minature dachsund that was dumped off on our road by her previous owner. Who in the world would beat this precious dog and leave her? Anyway, when Molly walked onto our doorstep she was very thin, couldn't breathe well, very skiddish and was filthy with ticks and fleas. The vet thinks she is 11 or 12 years old. She has COPD in her lungs and congestive heart failure. It took us about 6 months to housebreak this dog and she ruined every rug we owned, but we finally made it. This leads me to my story.... Molly has been "under the weather," so she has been sleeping with Trey and I some at night. Did I mention she is spoiled and the queen of our house? Anyhoo... this morning when I got out of bed at 4:45am, I asked Molly, "Are you ready to wake up?" She told me "No," and crawled back under her blanket, not our blanket. So I went on about my business fixing my coffee and so forth, until I heard her jump of our bed. When she came to me her belly was wet. My immediate thought was, OH $H!T! I went into our bedroom and I saw little paw prints on our silkish quilt at the end of the bed. Then I noticed it. The HUGE wet spot on our down comforter. I eventually got down to the mattress pad to find it was soaking wet with pee as well. Through all this, Molly has run and buried herself in her bed because she knows what a booboo she has made. So from 5am till I ran out the door late at 7:15am I was washing and drying bedding. Happy Monday to you! I began mine with a bang!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I hope you were able to clean everything. Poor Molly! We are getting close to house breaking our puppy. I will be so happy when I don't have to jump up every time he starts sniffing the carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad you found me.I'm going to love keeping up with you on your blog!
    I thought Chloe was the only dog who did this! Our down comforter is at the dry cleaners as we speak. I don't know how she knows to go for the cover that is dry clean only!!!

    ReplyDelete