Thursday, June 28, 2012

10 Reasons I Love Summer: Day 4

I love walking/running with my mom and Claire at the lake.  We usually go 3-4 days a week.  I run a few miles and mom walks and pushes Claire in the stroller.  That is no easy task... pushing 50 pds. up those steep hills.  We have nicknames- I am "Little Bull" and Lib is "Big Bull" and I do believe Claire is "Tiny Bull".  She is proving that she can live up to the long line of hard-working women. We all prefer hard, manual labor and a challenge.  We like to sweat it out.



I usually get to walk the last lap with them and that's when mom and I catch up on all the daily non-sense of our lives.  "What color are you painting the door?",  "What are you cooking for dinner?", "Did you hear about...?" or "I'm thinking about rearranging..."  That's my favorite part-the last lap.  I pray everyday that Claire and I will have the kind of relationship that I have with mom.  We laugh, we love, we help and we're brutally honest.  Simple, but it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment