Tuesday, June 26, 2012

10 Reasons I Love Summer: Day 2

COOKING/BAKING.  And I don't mean, Hamburger Helper or Stouffer's Lasagna, both I really, truly love, however.  I mean good ole cooking that you just don't have time for when you are working and you have a one year old.

Yesterday, I made my first homemade Key Lime Pie.  It is Trey's favorite and I wanted him to have something special to snack on during this hard, hot week before the 4th of July.  I'm really not a fan of key lime, but he said it was good.  Who knows... we will see if he continues to eat it or if it sits in a fridge until it's runny.


I also tried fried green tomatoes for the first time last night.  They were good, but I still prefer a red, ripe, acidic tomato the best.



1 comment:

  1. Yum! That looks so good...what a great wife and mommy you are!

    ReplyDelete