Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was very different this year from the last.  Last year I was a brand new mommy and I was tired and plump and Claire was just a little over a month old.  This year, we were more rested and C was a busy girl, putting on a show for all to see.  My mom calls her a "party girl."  She loves to entertain a crowd and of course, all we do is stare at her, laugh and clap. 

Summary of our day:
-Picked C up from Lib's and T's that morning
-Church
-Lunch at Caca's
-We all 3 napped- rare
-Visited Nonnie and Grandaddy




(Grace, Claire, Lib, Caca, Aunt Suzanne, JoJo- strong, beautiful women Claire and I are blessed to have as role models)

(My Mother's Day gift frpm C along with some sweet new Toms- LOVE... How precious are those little feet?)



It was a fun, relaxing, family filled day... just the way I like it.

Claire, I am beyond blessed to be your momma.  From the second I saw you, I loved you deeper than I could have ever imagined and that love keeps growing and growing.  You are so smart, strong, sassy, and loving.  Your cuddles are the sweetest and your laugh brings me more joy than I have ever known.  My prayer is that you will always be healthy, happy and carefree.  I pray that with the Lord's guidance I can be the best mommy, role model and friend for you just as my momma is for me. I love you sweet girl!  Thank you for changing my life!

Sidenote- Claire has gotten 3 top teeth in the last week and a half and boy has she been a trooper! 9 total now. We worry about her pain tolerance a little... she rarely cries.  She has scrapes, bruises and bumps all over and we have no clue how they got there.  Mom read an article that said red heads have a higher pain tolerance than others.  Interesting.  I would say it to be true as of now. She is one tough cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment