Thursday, March 17, 2011

Luck of the Irish?

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I'm thinking today would be a great day to have a baby... but I've been thinking that everyday for over a week now.  However, the Carter's are Irish and my favorite color is green... so maybe we'll get lucky.  All the grandparents are banking on the full moon this weekend.  I guess we shall see.  I am officially 5 days from my due date and I am feeling it!  Baby C is a big girl... weighing approximately 8 pds or more at this point.  We are so ready to meet this sweet, chunky monkey!

I am on Spring Break (praise the Lord... not sure how good I would be at entertaining 20- 4 and 5 year olds) and the weather is GORGEOUS!  Today the high is 75 degrees... doesn't get much better.  I have already walked for a good while and now I think I'm going to grab my book and head out to my adirondack chair and relax.
39 weeks 3 days





6 comments:

  1. Love it! Great pics!!!! I can sympathize with you -- I didn't go into labor with Will until the day before my due date but here is some labor dust for you ;-) **~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~**~*~~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~~**~*~~*~*~*~*~*
    lol -- maybe that will work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about the 'chunky monkey's' arrival! You look like a great Mom, ready to go.
    Carolyn Humphries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracie, you are gorgeous, and I can't think of a better day to have a baby--a day surrounded with luck and green, which always reminds me of new beginnings. Enjoy your afternoon filled with books and sunshine... Who knows, maybe that little girl will start to get as impatient as the rest of us :) Hey, spring weather is an excellent motivator--or at least it's always motivated my students to go outside and play. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are ready and I am SO ready to see pictures of that baby girl. Hope you are getting as much R&R as possible. Love you, Miss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby girl will be here soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Olive family said....

    I know you are ready! Maybe little Carter will find her way out within the next few days.... There is a full moon I believe tomorrow and that will do it for lots of folks. ME included! 21 yrs. ago

    ReplyDelete